www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Books and travel

Book-corner:
Today I finished reading Isabel Hilton´s "The Search for the Panchen Lama"- the kidnapping of a 6 year old boy-who should be the reincarnation of the Panchen Lama leaded to one of the biggest crisses in Tibet.
I recommend it for readers interested in world-religions and history. The book deals with Tibetan history , the author describes the relationsships between the Chinese and the Dalai Lama as well-based on her interviews.The 386 pages are a mixture of an adventure book, travellogue, history book and political story. Interesting style of writing, not always compelling, I needed much time to read it-but all in all worth reading.

Travel-corner:

Ready for Amsterdam! I´ve already checked in- the first time online- it ´s also the first time I booked the tickets online- really easy, and much cheaper. Hope it has worked-it in some hours, at the airport-I´ll see:-) So, have a great, interesting and productive weekend! I´m interested in B.´s news from the conference- hope it was an informative, thrilling and happy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for spending some time on writing your comment- wish you a happy day;-)
mARTy