www.flickr.com

Monday, March 28, 2011

Re-thing;)



I´m really happy today. Thanks to my followers;) I´ve never got 4 comments from different people on this blog here! Cool that you are interested in my posts;) Thanks! That´s so encouraging to know and go on with my revisions.
That was exactly what I needed to read today after a discussion with a friend. We talked about my never ending revision-processes. (Although never ending in terms of my assignment isn´t true. There I have a deadline; in terms of revising my novel-drafts it is true. ) He told me that I just need to stay focused and revise the whole thing. (I don´t want to get angry again about the term "thing"! He has never written more than some pages, so he has no idea about how hard it is to revise 100+ pages!!!!)
Ok, it´s true that I could finish my assignment´s revision in 2- 3 days but...
Here comes the big BUT-
life isn´t just sitting in a quiet room and have time for writing.
Who earns for living?  Who goes shopping for lunch, dinner, breakfast and cooks? Who does the household? What about stuff like visiting doctors (my hobby-lol- since my fall a month ago)? What about the social life????
Questions after questions.
It isn´t easy for me to combine life and revisions. Maybe because I´m just finding out that revisions are much more than simply writing down thoughts or editing some grammar mistakes or sentences.
After having written my first draft one year ago, I had to fight with the same problems. And honestly, I haven´t found a solution for the "re-problem" yet.
Not just writing is a process- revising sometimes is a harder one at the moment.
But thanks to you, my followers and friends, I get enough encouragement to go on and not to give up on my revisions;))

Just want to advertise my friend´s blog and her way to the quarter-finals of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest- here: Eliza Ross
and if you live in the USA- some of you do- you can read excerpts of her novel and write a review.
It definitely is one of the best and touching YA historical fiction novels I´ve ever read.
Check it out here- and enjoy reading under - under the Young Adult Fiction category, Eliza Ross, "Sparks", #190 (on p. 7)!


Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the free advertising! Anyway, I was just thinking--have you read Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian? If you haven't, I'm sure you'll love it. And as for my "discipline"--not much has been evident lately, but I'm getting back into the swing. Having a writing group helps. Have you considered forming one? Good luck, keep going, and never forget what Scarlet O'Hara said: Tomorrow is another day! (and therefore another chance to work on your re-re-re-whatever).

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thank you for the flowers! How beautiful they are!
    You are special! Glad other people appeared to be part of this wonderful astral that is your blog.
    The review will be completed, I'm sure, but not be so anxious as well.
    I just have a question at the moment: when you are ready, how can I enjoy your reading? Your book will be sold in Brasil? Or you make a sale via the internet?
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh true I intend to read your novel. Really!

    And lastly but not least... thank you very much for being there. You always have a word of encouragement, joy and friendship to me.

    Re-re-re-re-re-thank you, honey!

    Beijos, queijos, cakes, tea, coffe, abraços e laços, and all you need and want.

    Love.

    (¯`v´¯)
    `•.¸.•´
    ¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´¸¸.•´¯`♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ teca Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli--yeah, "tomorrow is another day" !(Could be my slogan these days;) Thanks for your recommendation. Have to check it out at Amazon. I´ve never thought of forming a writing group. (1. I´ve never written that much so I had never such problems with revisions;)));2. all my friends are non-writers, just readers.) But it´s an idea worth thinking about. Anyway, happy writing!Have a good day;)

    Teca--you´ll be happy to hear that I´ve taken many, many flower- pictures today, and some of them are really good;))You know, I won´t sell my book; it´s just written out of fun- so to say.
    I´m not anxious,I´m just a bit worried not to go on with my revisions. But I will- and I´ll keep you posted about the writing- process;)
    Thanks for your comments on all my blogs;)
    I´m looking forward to reading your next poem;)Have a wonderful and sunny day! Beijos, queijos,....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending some time on writing your comment- wish you a happy day;-)
mARTy